5 facts about antibiotic resistance
Antibiotics are vital drugs that help target bacterial infections – but antibiotic resistance is a growing problem. Read on to find out more…
1. Antibiotic resistance is the ability of a bacteria to stop an antibiotic from working – bacteria can evolve so that they can resist previously effective medications.1
2. Antibiotic resistance is one of the biggest threats to global health, food security and development.1
3. Taking antibiotics when they are not needed speeds up the process of antibiotic resistance – antibiotics should not be taken for viral infections such as cold and flu.1*
4. A number of infections are becoming hard to treat as antibiotics resistance grows.1
5. You can help prevent the spread of antibiotic resistance by taking antibiotics responsibly – always follow a doctor’s guidance and never demand antibiotics from your doctor.1
Suffering from cold and flu? Colds are caused by viruses, so antibiotics won’t help,* and taking antibiotics when they are not required can contribute to antibiotic resistance.
Reach for BETADINE® Cold & Flu for a range of treatment options that tackle the germs that cause cold and flu, so you can get back on your feet again.